Switch to dual master cylinder

Home Forums Technical Discussion Switch to dual master cylinder

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #1412

    Would like information on swapping the treadle vac system on my ’55 Montclair to a late model dual power master cylinder.  What master cylinder should I use in the swap?  And what proportioning valve?  I am pretty sure I will have to fabricate brake lines unless someones knows of a kit available to do this.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated. 


    Go look at street rod sites.  They do this al the time.  The primary concerns are what will fit in your car, with the booster, the weight of the car, which dictates how much fluid you need to be able to move, and how much you want to spend.  Applications from Ford Motor Co, and GM are best simply because they kind of tended to have a few models they used across the board, meaning that there are millions of them available at discount auto parts like Autozone.


    Thanks John!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.