Where is the Flasher?

Home Forums Technical Discussion Where is the Flasher?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All!

Everyone have a good Labor Day I hope? Well, the blinker on my ’66 Monterey blinks on the right side, but not the left. It only stays solid. Both bulbs are good. So, I am thinking it is a bad flasher. However, when I look at the fuse panel under the dash, I see no flasher! Don’t these cars have one? If so, where is it? Please help me if you can.

Thank you,

Todd
    Crownsville, MD

I would guess the problem is not with the flasher as it works OK with the right side. If the bulbs are good the problem is no doubt a lack of ground on the left side. Unfortunately I have no idea where the flasher is on a ’66.

Wayne & Judy Miller
    Participant

This is straight from the shop manual .

TURN INDICATOR FLASHER

From behind the instrument cluster, disconnect the wires from the flasher unit terminals and pull the flasher from the retaining clip. Observe the cover of the flasher. Be Certain To Replace It With A New Flasher With The Same Color Code And Number On The Cover .

The flasher is hard to see but it is on the backside up under the dash . Lay on your back with a flashlight you should spot it . It will be round and in a clip .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Wayne and Judy! My Merc is temporarily at my friend’s house, but I will look for the flasher again this weekend when I visit it. The stalk on the steering wheel seems to be working ok, so it’s either the flasher or a bad ground like the other fellow mentioned.

Happy Motoring!

Todd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.