vacuum diagram

Home Forums Technical Discussion vacuum diagram

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

am in need of a vacuum diagram for a 65 mercury park lane convertible, 390 engine

Jerry Robbin
    Keymaster

Wayne & Judy Miller
    Participant

What is the problem ? There is no specific diagram for the vacuum system . It is just shown in each section .I have several 65 manuals I can check , if you can state the problem .

Anonymous
    Inactive

the vacuum controls for heater doors have been wired shut and vacuum lines are missing, I have a factory repair manual but it does not contain a vacuum diagram.

thanks for your replys

Wayne & Judy Miller
    Participant

You are correct there are no diagrams . The best they have is a couple paragraphs on 16-9 and a chart on 16-10 . If you don’t have air it should be possible to get a heater control from a Merc without the vacuum setup . They are run by Bowden cables . My 65 Parklane is set up that way . If not it may be replace the vacuum hoses and proceed by trial an error . I also had another 65 Parklane that was set up like you are describing and it seemed like a never ending quest to track down vacuum leaks . Hoses get dry and brittle , more than likely thats why they are missing . Also make sure and check heater core before you get to far . Good Luck

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.