Need Information on 56 Mercury Bendix Treadle Vac Power Brake System

Home Forums Technical Discussion Need Information on 56 Mercury Bendix Treadle Vac Power Brake System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My 56 Mercury has a Bendix Treadle Vac Power Brake System, does anybody know who rebuilds these units? I know they have rebuild Kits for $60.00 you can get, But I dont know if my expertise is in rebuilding a power brake booster! Any information or help here would be appreciated! Thanks

Roy & Brenda Lange
    Participant

Archie and Julie:

I have a 53′ Merc with what I believe is the same system. I also bought the origional service manual a while back. I rebuilt my booster shortly after getting the car. The unit is very simple and I can vouch that it works great when rebuilt. If I can be of any help let me know.

Roy Lange
    Conifer, CO

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont know who could do the job for you, but if you decide to do it yourself, it is not that hard to do if you follow the manual and your unit needs no major overhaul.

In case you do, make sure you get the correct  rebiult kit ! Some years back I did the job myself in my ’54 Monterey and got myself into  endless trouble because the rebuilt kit they sent me was for a ’54 Lincoln.

I did not think it would make a difference as all the parts looked identical with the ones in my unit.  It took me ages to pinpoint that one of the gaskets had just one more hole punched in it!

Good Luck  !

Thanks for the Feedback on the Treadle Vac Brake Booster, I have another question? Could it be the Vacuum Pressure Tank mounted under the car on the frame that is bad because supposedly the Booster had been rebuilt??????

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.