exhuast manifold 1966 fe 428

Home Forums Technical Discussion exhuast manifold 1966 fe 428

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any idea where i can find a left side, driver side, exhaust manifold for a FE 428. Needed for 1966 full size Mercury. Any leads appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Casting Number is C3SE-9431-B. Thanks again.

Wayne & Judy Miller
    Participant

If I am not mistaken , that should be the same manifold that is on a 390 . Your casting # shows that it was originally for a 63 engine . In 63 the 390 would have been the only engine that this # would work on .
    These are readily available on ebay . The left side is much easier to find than the right as the right side tended to crack. Should be in the $100 range .

Joe & Judy Woelfel
    Participant

My parts manual shows, for 66 428, RH-C6AZ-9430-A and Left hand-C3AZ-9431-D. I’m having trouble with my right had manifold and have found several on ebay but they are showing a Galaxie part #. I’m told that the problem with older exhaust manifolds is that too often they are either cracked or warped. Warped is my problem. I have noticed a couple NOS and aftermarket right hand manifolds too. They are pretty expensive.

Joe & Judy Woelfel
    Participant

I just saw one on Dearborn Classic Parts but it is the part # shown in my parts manual. The want $277 for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.