2003 Grand Marquis

Home Forums General Mercury Discussion 2003 Grand Marquis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I just bought a 2003 Grand Marquis. I can’t recall the last time I had a car with less than 50,000 miles on it. Anyhow, there are a couple little problems that a decent owner’s manual would answer. Unfortunately, the owner’s manual for the 2003 Grand Marquis fails miserably. The cover of the fuse box doesn’t tell what the fuses are for. I’m looking for the one for the cruise control. The owner’s manual doesn’t even acknowledge that there might even be such a thing as a fuse box.Does anyone have a chart that shows the fuses? The owners manual says that if you don’t have the card
    with the factory keyless entry number on it, you have to go to the dealer to get it changed. I can see that–keeps people from messing with you by changing your codes.
    Anyone seen any Mercury dealers lately? It doesn’t tell you what the factory service intervals are for things like transmission fluid changes. 232 pages and they don’t give basic useful information.

I “googled” 2003 grand marquis owners manual and came up with a list of sites. A site came up titled “Mercury Grand Marquis Owner’s Manual”. I opened that site and a list of Grand Marquis owner’s manuals came up by year. I opened the one for the 2003 Grand Marquis. There are 248 pages for the manual on the site. On page 165 and for a few pages after is the listing for, what Ford calls, the “power distribution box”. It looks a heck of a lot like a fuse panel to me. Fuse 15, according to the chart, is for the speed control module along with some other stuff. I couldn’t find any service intervals in the manual either. Assume a Ford/Lincoln dealer could help with the door code issue.

These are great cars unrecognized by the general public for how good they really are. Looks like you have bought a gem. Hope it treats you well.

I “googled” 2003 grand marquis owners manual and came up with a list of sites. A site came up titled “Mercury Grand Marquis Owner’s Manual”. I opened that site and a list of Grand Marquis owner’s manuals came up by year. I opened the one for the 2003 Grand Marquis. There are 248 pages for the manual on the site. On page 165 and for a few pages after is the listing for, what Ford calls, the “power distribution box”. It looks a heck of a lot like a fuse panel to me. Fuse 15, according to the chart, is for the speed control module along with some other stuff. I couldn’t find any service intervals in the manual either. Assume a Ford/Lincoln dealer could help with the door code issue.

These are great cars unrecognized by the general public for how good they really are. Looks like you have bought a gem. Hope it treats you well.

I know that these cars are bullet proof. I had 4 Crown Victoria company cars with the 4.6 L engine. Each went more than 150,000 miles before the fleet manager decided that they had met the time requirements of the tax reform act of 1986, and told me to dispose of the car. I gave them to my son, who took them to San Diego, and sold them to cab drivers when his ship left port. They are also capable of mounting a class 3 trailer hitch with the 2 inch receiver to carry my wife’s mobility scooter. My Explorer has 375,000 miles on it, and is still tight and dependable. Before getting the cars with the 4.6 L engine, I never had a Ford that didn’t make me walk.

Arthur Koch
    Participant

If you look under the steering column, you should be able to find the code for the doors.

Thanks. My son is coming tomorrow, I’ll send him under there to look.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Unfortunately, my wife died, and I need to find a new home for this fine car. My arthritis makes it so that it is difficult for me to get in and out of it, or I’d keep it, because my Explorer has 375,000 miles on it. The Explorer is still the best tow vehicle I have ever had. It doesn’t use oil, leak, drip. or rattle. I drove the Mercury a little–like to my nephew’s wedding in Florida. It delivers 25 MGP on the highway. It is a fine ride, just like I remember my Crown Vics to be, but getting in and out is a problem. If anyone is interested in a really nice Grand Marquis, please contact me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.