1964 Marauder Disc Brake Conversion Booster

Home Forums Technical Discussion 1964 Marauder Disc Brake Conversion Booster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Geoffrey Wingard
    Participant

I’m in the process of converting my ’64 Marauder to front disc brakes and could use some advice. I bought a rack and pinion conversion kit from Wurth-it Designs a number of years ago but unfortunately the owner of the company passed away and the company folded. At the time I bought the kit Mr. Wurth suggested that I use 1978 Thunderbird spindles, which I have sourced and hope will fit. This conceivably allows me to buy inexpensive rotors and calipers from the local parts store. I’m going to need a power brake booster and master cylinder and hope that a forum member might be able to recommend a bolt on boneyard or parts store parts that would work in this application. Boosters from ’64 Galaxies and Marauders are scare and pricey but I’m hoping that something from a later model would work. I’ll be running stock rear drums so I’ll also need a proportioning valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey

Wayne & Judy Miller
    Participant

Should be able to contact Macs or Auto Crafters or some similar company for a brake booster. Even local auto parts stores should have a workable booster. Good Luck

Geoffrey Wingard
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.