1954 Mercury Jack Stowage

Home Forums Technical Discussion 1954 Mercury Jack Stowage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A STUPID QUESTION, BUT HERE GOES. TODAY I INSTALLED A NEW TRUNK LINER AND TRUNK MAT IN MY 1954 MERCURY AND CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW THE JACK FITS BEHIND THE SPARE TIRE. THERE MUST BE A CERTAIN WAY THE JACK FIT WITH THE STAND WHEN THE ’54 LEFT THE FACTORY. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER OR MAYBE COULD TAKE A PHOTO OF HOW IT FITS AND E-MAIL TO ME AT HWAYNE37@AOL.COM. ALSO, I HAVE A NEW JACKING INSTRUCTIONS STICKER TO MOUNT ON THE TRUNK LID. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT AREA TO MOUNT IT TO BE FACTORY CORRECT? MY CAR IS PICTURED ON THE INSIDE COVER OF THE LATEST ISSUE OF QUICKSILVER UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER 1954 BITTERSWEET.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, WAYNE JONES….GEORGIA

The stand for the jack has slots in it.  Put the slot on the long end of the stand over the tab to the right rear of the spare tire well and lay the jack down in the trunk.  The end of the jack will wind up on the raised portion of the trunk, over the rear axle, in a small depression made for it.  The jack mechanism itself should be somewhere near the middle of the spare tire.  As to the jacking instructions sticker location, I don’t think it is all that critical put it should be on a flat surface on the inside of the trunk lid over the spare tire.  I’m guessing that the factory did not use a template to locate these instructions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.