58 Montclair convertible

Home Forums General Mercury Discussion 58 Montclair convertible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Warren Wubker
    Participant

I just acquired a nice 1958 Montclair convertible with the 430 engine.  I have found 2 others listed, Ted Forbes in Canada and the Malburgers.  Is anyone aware of any other 58 Montclair convertibles still running?

There are a bunch of them in IMOA.  Use the contact box to access the member directory and click on ’58 model year.  There were at least 6 there.  Don’t know if they are running or not but there is contact info for the owners.  They are not all Montclairs, but a couple of Parklanes and a Monterey or two.

Warren Wubker
    Participant

I looked up the member cars listed.  That is where I got the Malburgers.  I saw the Parklanes and the Montereys and I know of a Parklane for sale in Europe (wants $65,000 for a car that will need a complete restoration).  I’m specfically interested in knowing of any more Montclair convertibles.

Warren Wubker
    Participant

Two updates:  I got a little suspicious of the 360HP valve cover decal when I found the car had a Mercomatic rather than Multi-Drive Mercomatic and, sure enough, the VIN confirms that the engine is a 383ci, not the 430ci.  Also found another 58 Monclair convertible in Jim Rogers (Las Vegas) collection.  That makes 4 known survivors unless someone else comes up with more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.