1953 Monterey flasher

Home Forums General Mercury Discussion 1953 Monterey flasher

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am working on a newly aquired 53 convertible. The turn signals do not work and I can’t find the flasher or a connector that the flasher plugs into. Does anyone know approximately where the flasher should be? All bulbs are operntional so it must be the flasher.

Stan Bishop

THis is not the first time this question has come up.  The flasher likes to hide above the steering column.  There is an orange wire with a yellow tracer that goes from the switch to the flasher and a blue wire that goes away from the flasher.  Hopefully you can locate one of those and trace it to the flasher.  Have you checked the ground on the front turn signals?  The front turn signal assemblies are notorious for coming loose and losing the ground.  I finally ran a separate ground wire from the turn signal assembly direct to the frame.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I found it. It must have been the original as it had one female and one male connector. The one I have has both male conectors so had to jury rig, but now signals and running lights work.

Stan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.