1961 comet

Home Forums General Mercury Discussion 1961 comet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently acquired this car. I was told it only has 22000 miles with great looking interior and body. It was repainted approx. 20 years ago. How do I verify mileage? any other things I should look for? I want to verify cars history before selling it. I am out of inside storage. thanks.  paul 616 669 5560 or huyser@grar.com

Verifying mileage is really tough, unless you can find maintenence or repair receipts that are dated and show mileage.  Depending upon where the car spent most of its life, just great condition will go a long way towards low mileage being believable.  If the car is a Michigan car, simply having the body survive intact would be a testament to the fact that it didn’t go vary far, at least in the winter.  Also things like the little paper tags and crayon and chalk marks still be ing in place that were placed by the factory, except that there are some fanatic restorers who will put them on.  With a 61 Comet, the car is not such a high value car that I would expect someone would go to that kind of trouble.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.