2023 Ford Expedition Timberline a loaded SUV
The 2023 Ford Expedition Timberline is a big and very capable SUV. In its class, it outshines any of its competitors. For 2023, the Expedition is the leader in the large three-row crossovers category.
The Expedition’s V-6 engine responds like a V-8. The 4WD accelerates onto the highway and the vehicle drives just like a smaller SUV. The Expedition steering is responsive and takes turns with ease. The brakes are adequate and can stop this large vehicle at any speed.
Under the Hood
The Expedition Timberline comes equipped with the Stealth Performance package that produces 440 hp and 510 pd-ft. The Timberline model is capable of 0 to 60 mph in just 5.1 seconds.
The Ford Expedition comes with a host of safety features that are built right into every model.
Some highlights of the many safety features are auto high-beam headlamps, Blind-Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alerts, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Cruise Control and lane-keeping technology.
* Child door locks.
* Child seat anchors.
* Driver airbag.
* Passenger airbag.
* Stability control.
* Traction control.
* Blind-spot alert.
* Collision warning system.
* Driver attention assist monitor.
* Front head curtain airbag.
* Front side airbag.
* Lane departure warning system.
* Parental control system.
* Rear head curtain airbag.
* Rear parking sensors.
* Rear view camera.
The Expedition’s front seats are comfortable and hold you in place. The third-row seating is firm, but still adequate for adult use. This full-size SUV has enough room to seat up seven passengers with the second-row captain’s seats.
The Expedition offers plenty of space for everyone to sit comfortably. In the first row, stretch out with 42 inches of headroom and 43.9 inches of legroom. For the second row, 40 inches of headroom and 42.6 inches of legroom with the seat fully rearward give even tall passengers room to sit comfortably.
All controls are laid out for the driver to reach and engage.
Ford’s Sync infotainment system is user friendly. The navigation system is functional and easy to use.
The voice controls are basic and can help with simple functions. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration systems come standard with wireless connectivity. The Expedition’s advanced driver aids, such as adaptive cruise control, work adequately. There is plenty of storage available in the Expedition.
There are extra spaces for every item imaginable, plus flexible seating.
Other inside features include:
* 7-passenger seating.
* ActiveX seating material with heathered cloth insert, Deep Tangerine stitching and Timberline logo.
* Second row: 40/20/40 power folding tip and slide seats.
* Third row: 60/40 PowerFold with power recline and power-folding head restraints.
* 10-way power driver with memory (power tilt, lumbar and power recline) and 8-way power passenger seats (power lumbar and power recline).
* SYNC 4 with 12-inch center stack screen.
* 8-inch screen in gauge cluster (productivity screen).
* Analog gauge instrumentation.
* FordPass Connect With 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot open image overlay.
* SiriusXM Radio with 360L.
* Connected navigation with free trial.
* AM/FM Stereo, MP3 capable, Six speakers, speed-compensated volume.
* Smart-charging multimedia USB ports, second row (2).
* Smart-charging USB ports, third row (2).
* Wireless charging pad.
* Six-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar control.
* Four-way power front passenger seat.
* Four-way adjustable front head restraints.
* 50/50 split-bench folding rear seat.
* Color-accented cloth seats.
Comfort and Convenience
* Overhead console with sunglass holder.
* (15) Beverage holders.
* Power door locks and rear-door child-safety locks.
* Carpeted first- and second-row floor mats.
* Cargo management system.
* Cargo protector.
* Front and rear scuff plates.
* Illuminated entry system with courtesy lamp delay.
* Memory feature for the driver’s seat, power-adjustable foot pedals and exterior mirrors.
* Power-adjustable brake and accelerator pedals.
* Auto-dimming rearview mirror.
* Powerpoints 12V (4).
* 110V/150W AC power outlet.
* Rotary gear shift dial.
* Leather-wrapped power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with audio controls.
* Cruise control.
* Universal garage door opener.
* Rear cargo area light.
* Second- and third-row dome lights.
* Sliding sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors (driver and passenger).
* Grab handles, front row, second- row pillar and headliner mounted.
* Coat hooks (4), second row (2), third row (2).
* Center console – armrest and covered media bin.
* Push-button start (in vehicle).
* Intelligent access with push-button start.
* Remote start system (using key fob).
* BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert.
* Auto high-beam headlamp.
* Lane-keeping system (includes lane-keeping alert, lane-keeping aid and driver alert).
* Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking.
* Enhanced active noise control and engine sound enhancement.
The Expedition Timberline has unique styling queues and comes with off-road shocks and 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain tires. The bumper is beefed up with orange tow hooks and orange trim, paired with a sizable skid plate and blacked-out trim pieces,
• Wheelbase: 131.6 inches.
• Length: 221.9 inches.
• Height: 76.2 inches.
• Width: 79.9 inches.
• Ground clearance: 9.6 inches.
• Gross weight: 7,550 lbs.
• Front head room: 42 inches.
• Rear head room: 40 inches.
• Front shoulder room: 65 inches.
• Rear shoulder room: 65 inches.
• Front hip room: 62 inches.
• Rear hip room: 63 inches.
• Front leg room: 43.9 inches.
• Rear leg room: 41.5 inches.
• Luggage capacity: 36.0 cu.ft.
• Maximum cargo capacity: 121.4 cu.ft.
The 2023 Ford Expedition Timberline is off-road capable, but comes with all the best features, such as a costly upgraded engine that adds more horsepower. It is an excellent go-anywhere option for full-size SUV lovers.