2022 Ford Mach-E GT is a powerful electric SUV
By Jerry Robbin
The Ford Mach-E GT is one of the most compelling electric vehicles on the market right now and that makes Ford a contender in the EV market.
It will satisfy those looking for a super fast SUV, an attractive EV or just a unique EV at a great price. It stands tall and bold using the Mustang name.
The Mach-E GT is a high-performance version of Ford’s hot selling EV on the road and in the city. It is totally capable with its power and torque to hit 0-60 mph speed and has agility both on the pavement and around turns.
The GT is ferocious when you hit the accelerator and can hit 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Even a Mustang GT can’t equal that kind of 0-60 time.
The Mach-E GT corners well and is a fun vehicle to drive. The only thing missing is the roar and rumble of a V-8.
Under the hood
Ford’s extended-range 98.8-kilowatt-hour battery is standard on the GT, as is dual-motor all-wheel drive. However, a more powerful front motor helps produce a total of 480 hp, with torque rising to 600 pound-feet on the standard GT and 634 lb-ft if you order the Performance Edition.
• Cruise control steering assist.
• AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control.
• ABS and driveline traction control.
• Side impact beams.
• Dual-stage driver And passenger seat-mounted side airbags.
• Reverse sensing system rear parking psSensors.
• Ford Co-Pilot360 blind spot information system.
• Ford Co-Pilot360 automatic emergency braking.
• Lane keeping alert lane keeping assist.
• Lane keeping alert lane departure warning.
• Collision litigation.
• Driver monitoring alert.
• Evasion assist.
• Collision Mitigation-Rear.
• Tire specific low-tire pressure warning.
• Dual-stage driver and passenger front airbags.
• Curtain 1st and 2nd row airbags.
• Airbag Occupancy Sensor.
• Driver knee airbag and rear side-impact airbag.
• Mykey System, including top speed limiter, audio volume limiter, early low fuel warning, programmable sound chimes and beltminder w/audio mute.
• Power rear child safety locks.
• Outboard front lap and shoulder safety belts with rear center 3 point, height adjusters and pretensioners.
• Back-up camera.
Inside, the Mach E gets standard multicolor ambient lighting, unique door sills with metal pony logos and GT lettering, a GT-embossed center armrest and aluminum appliques on the digital instrument cluster.
The Performance Edition ups the ante with unique gray sport seats that feature metallic-looking suede inserts and claw-shaped shoulder bolsters that do a wonderful job of keeping the driver in place. The controls are well laid out and easy to access.
• ActiveX/Miko simulated suede/leatherette sport bucket front seats w/leatherette back material and power 2-way driver lumbar.
• 8-Way power driver seat with power recline, height adjustment, fore/aft movement and power 2-way lumbar support.
• 4-way passenger seat with manual recline and fore/aft movement.
• 60-40 folding bench front facing fold forward seatback ActiveX/Miko simulated suede/leatherette rear seat.
• Manual tilt/telescoping steering column.
• Gauges, including speedometer, odometer, traction battery level, power/regen, trip odometer and trip computer.
• Power rear windows and fixed 3rd row windows.
• FordPass Connect mobile hotspot Internet access.
• Heated steering wheel.
• Front and rear cupholder.
• Proximity key for doors and push-button start.
• Remote keyless entry w/integrated key transmitter, illuminated entry, illuminated ignition switch and panic button.
• Remote releases including proximity cargo access.
• Garage door transmitter.
• Cruise control w/steering wheel controls.
• Distance pacing w/traffic stop-go.
• Dual zone front automatic air conditioning.
• HVAC with underseat ducts and console ducts.
• Illuminated glove box.
• Driver foot rest.
• Full cloth headliner.
• Leatherette door trim insert.
• Heated ActiveX sport seats, including 8-way power driver (fore/aft, up/down, power lumbar, power recline) and 8-way power passenger (fore/aft, up/down, power lumbar, power recline).
• Interior trim, including aluminum instrument panel insert and chrome/aluminum interior accents.
• Day-night auto-dimming rearview mirror.
• Driver And passenger visor vanity mirrors w/driver and passenger illumination, driver And passenger auxiliary mirror.
• Full floor console w/covered storage, mini overhead console w/storage and 2 12V DC power outlets.
• Front map lights.
• Fade to off interior lighting.
• Full carpet floor covering with carpet front and rear floor mats.
• Carpet floor trim.
• Cargo area concealed storage.
• Spare tire mobility kit.
• Folding cargo cover.
• Cargo space lights.
• FOB controls, including cargo access, windows and remote engine start.
• Smart device remote engine start.
• Integrated navigation system w/voice activation.
• Memory settings, including driver seat and door mirrors.• SYNC 4A w/Enhanced Voice Recognition, including 15.5″ LCD capacitive touchscreen w/swipe capability, wireless phone connection, cloud connected, AppLink w/app catalog, 911 assist, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, digital owner’s manual, adaptive dashcards, personal profiles and conversational voice command recognition.
• Driver/passenger and rear door bins.
• Power first-row windows w/front And rear one-touch up/down.
• Delayed accessory power.
• Power door locks w/autolock feature.
• Systems monitor.
• Redundant digital speedometer.
• Trip Computer.
• Outside temperature gauge.
• Front center armrest and rear center armrest.
• 2 seatback storage pockets.
• Manual w/tilt front head restraints and fixed rear head restraints.
• Driver And passenger heated cushion, driver And passenger heated seatback.
• Perimeter alarm.
• Securilock anti-theft ignition engine immobilizer.
• 2 12V DC power outlets.
The exterior of the GT has a revised front bumper with big air inlets to aid with cooling. Highlighting the GT is a unique gray grille, active cooling vents in the lower bumper and the light-up pony logo, all of which are standard on the GT. There are black-painted mirror caps and pony puddle lights.
It has the sporty EV with a dark-finished grille motif that sports a glossy surface and some unusual textures The pony badge is illuminated on the GT, giving it an appropriately intimidating visage at night, while a larger front splitter makes a statement that says this Mach-E isn’t to be messed with.
Go to your local Ford dealer today for a test drive of one unique EV that will make you want to sign on the dotted line as soon as you take a test drive.
• Wheelbase: 117.5 inches.
• Length: 186 inches.
• Height: 63.5 inches.
• Front track width: 63.5 inches.
• Minimum ground clearance: 5.7 inches.
• Passenger/seating capacity: 5.
• Front head room: 38.9 inches.
• Front leg room: 43.3 inches.
• Front shoulder room: 57.6 inches.
• Front hip room: 55.4 inches.
• Second row head room: 38.2 inches.
• Second row leg room: 38.1 inches.
• Second row shoulder room: 55.9 inches.
• Second row hip room: 53.2 inches.
• Cargo space/area length behind first row: 69.6 inches.
• Cargo space/area length behind second row: 36.5 inches.
• Cargo space/area width at beltline: 59.3 inches.
• Cargo bed height: 33.8 inches.