Transmission Vacuum Modulator

Home Forums Technical Discussion Transmission Vacuum Modulator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all:

I have a 1958 Mercury Monterey that has a transmission oil leak from the transmission vacuum modulator.  Can anyone please advise on where I can buy a transmission vacuum modulator for my 1958 Mercury Monterey?  Thanks in advance for any help.

I would start with a NAPA auto parts store or another good parts store.  I would not think this modulator would be that difficult to find.  There are many parts suppliers who advertise on the website so don’t forget to use them as well. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will head over to NAPA auto parts today.  So far, the web search has not found one for a 1958 Mercury, but I’ll call NAPA and will continue web searching.  Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

fyi, I am having a devil of a time finding a transmision vacuum modulator for a 1958 Mercury.  Been on the internet for 3 days, and have talked to several auto parts stores.  no luck.  I am now going to see of a vacuum modulator from a Ford or Lincoln from that general era, with the same trans, may work for my Merc.  Wish me luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

fyi, after two months of researching, finally found a mechanic worth his salt.  He researched this for me and determined the part is called the transmission inhibitor switch — the FoMoCo box calls it a “switch assembly”.  That was causing the transmission oil leak – the rubber seal had just gone bad.  My mechanic identified the part and, even more importantly, found out where to obtain a new one!  (the Lincoln Mercury old parts store in Clearwater, Florida).  He replaced the bad part, no more transmission oil leak!  URL link for the Lincoln-Mercury Old Parts Store:  http://www.lincolnoldparts.com/ 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.