Hi from across the Pond

Home Forums General Mercury Discussion Hi from across the Pond

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone. Just joined the club as I’ve got a 1970 Cyclone GT which I am trying to restore here in the UK.
    I’ve owned quite a few classics in the past both English and American but this one is the most unusual I have had.

Luckily the car is in reasonable condition on the bodywork so that part should be fairly easy to sort out. The interior unfortunately is in a very bad way so will need completely redoing but hopefully I will be able to find a trimmer here although I’m sure I’ve seen kits you guys have over there that you can buy ???

The engine is a 351 Cleveland with a FMX box and again should be fairly easy to sort out.

Unfortunately the car came to me in bits so it’s taken me a while to find out what is missing and what I need to get which is where I’m hoping you can help out.

So far I’ve stripped the car to a bare shell and shot blasted the car and painted the engine bay. I’m currently putting the front back together but need to know how and where all the pipework goes for the power steering.

I’ll post my problems as I come across them and hopefully someone will know the answer but in the meantime I have listed some of the parts that I know are missing and am having trouble tracking down..

Front headlight hide away covets. .

All the rubbers (I think you call them weather strips ) around all the doors and windows inside and out..

Front marker lights..

Centre console where shifter is..

Dashboard cowl..goes above the clocks but under the top of the dash cowl..

Fuel tank…

Hoping that some of you can help and I’ll post some pictures up when I can,

Thanks

Gareth

Welcome to IMOA, Gareth. Great cars those ’70 Cyclones GTs. May I suggest using a feature of the IMOA website that allows you to find other members who have cars similar to yours. Simply click on the “access the member directory” line towards the upper right of this page. By clicking on 1970 in the “year of car” section a list of all our members who own 70s Mercurys will open up. You can then contact them directly by phone or email for help in locating parts, or rebuilding help.

Best of luck with your project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.