53 Monterey 3 spd shifting collar

Home Forums General Mercury Discussion 53 Monterey 3 spd shifting collar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where the shift lever enters the steering collar is this rather “delicate”  pot metal protrusion with a roll pin to secure the shift lever to the column.  This column is easily damaged and gets rounded out when using something like a nail instead of the roll pin.  The one I have is very damaged and shifting is difficult at best.   So far i’ve had no luck locating one.   Does any one know where I can get one of these?

Tim Collinsville  6271

tjc
    Participant

If it is the same as a 54 Merc I should have one

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a bunch for the reply.  I’m checking on that right now.  I believe they are the same but I’d better double check.  tim d

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, it looks like the 54 is the same as the 53.  Assuming its in good condition I’d like to know the price.  Thanks, Tim D   Cillinsville, OK

tjc
    Participant

It rained all day here in Iowa,    I will try to remove collar tomorrow.   If the collar is in good shape I want $60. with free shipping

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great stuff.   Tell me where to send the $60.00 and I’ll get it right out to you.

Tim D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any luck with the shifting collar.  There is one other source that has xontacted me.  Let me know if we can get together on purchasing the collar.  Tim D

tjc
    Participant

Sorry it has been to wet and muddy to get to the Merc.  If you can find another one grab it.  It is raining again here and could be a week befor I can remove collar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi:  I appreciate the situation and I will probably go ahead and get the other one.   Thanks so much for your willingness to get ne for me.  Tim D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be to reply to this topic.