2019 Ford Edge ST has all you could want
By Jerry Robbin
There is nothing like the new Ford Edge ST. As far as true performance SUVs at this price point, the Edge ST is really a one-of-a-kind vehicle.
The new 2019 Edge ST replaces the outgoing Edge Sport. The ST has a more potent engine, sport-tuned suspension and a sporty aesthetic.
The Edge ST has 335 hp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque with its 2.7-liter V-6. It is capable of 0-60 mph in under six seconds.
The Edge ST has crossover-ground clearance, making it capable of traversing terrain.
It comes standard with 20-inch or optional 21-inch wheels and low-profile performance tires. The steering is very responsive and the braking is without exception the best in its class. The Edge is a very capable of holding the road at any speed.
The ST seats are very supportive and hold you in place at any speed. It comes with unique sport seats, as well, wrapped in black leather and micro suede. Both of the front seats are also adorned with an embossed“ ST” logo. The controls are easily accessible, functional and easy to use. With 39 cu. ft. of cargo room behind the second row and 73 cu. ft. with the second row folded, the Edge is capable of handling luggage or groceries. It is a reasonably priced performance-oriented station wagon.
The Edge ST also offers just about all of the modern driver-assistance tech and infotainment features you could want as well, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, multiple USB ports, a wireless charging pad and available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi connectivity.
The ST has the unique Ford DNA with new front and rear bumpers, and a host of ST badges inside and outside. It features sporty styling, highlighted with a front that has a wide mesh grille for optimal cooling and subtle Shelby GT350 cues on the lower front fascia.
The huge grille allows 70-percent more airflow. The ST has rockers that featured deep-side skirts and the rear gets smart-looking dual-exhaust outlets.
• Personal safety system.
• Side-impact airbag
• Front and second-row safety canopy side-curtain with rollover sensor.
• SOS post-crash alert system.
• Belt-Minder front safety belt reminder).
• Child-safety rear door locks.
• Lower anchors and tether anchors for children.
• Individual tire pressure monitoring system.
• Rear-view camera.
• Driver knee airbag.
• Glove-box door-integrated knee airbag.
Comfort and Convenience
• Ambient lighting.
• Manual tilt/telescoping steering column.
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise, secondary audio and 5-way controls.
• Front console with armrest, storage tray and two cupholders.
• Overhead console with holder for sunglasses.
• Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror.
• Dual-illuminated vanity visor mirrors with sliding feature.
• Driver and front-passenger seatback map pockets.
• Cupholders (8).
• Cargo management system.
• Four 12 volt PowerPoints.
• Power windows with up/down driver’s side window feature.
• Power door locks with autolock feature.
• Front and rear map lights.
• Front and rear dome and cargo lamps, second row dome LED lights.
• Battery saver.
• Unique carpeted floor mats and Ford Performance scuff plates.
• Four grab handles
• Cargo net.
• Liftgate assist handle.
• Easy Fuel capless fuel filler.
• Memory feature for exterior mirrors.
• Intelligent Access with push-butt on start.
• BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert.
• Power tilt/telescoping steering column.
• Intelligent oil-life monitor.
• Locking glove compartment.
• Outside temperature display.
• Cruise control.
• Perforated leather steering wheel with city silver stitching and ST logo.
• Lane-keeping system.
• Aluminum brake and accelerator pedal covers.
• Two (2) driver-configurable 4.2-i nch LCD displays in cluster.
• Smart-charging USB ports (2).
• SYNC 3.
• FordPass Connect with Wifi Hotspot.
• B&O Premium Sound System by Bang & Olufsen.
• Audio input jack.
• SiriusXM radio.
• Width: 75.9 in.
• Height: 68.3 in.
• Length: 188.8 in.
• Wheelbase: 112.2 in.
• Front head room: 40.2 in.
• Front leg room: 42.6 in.
• Front shoulder room: 60.3 in.
• Rear head room: 40.3 in.
• Rear leg room: 40.6 in.
• Rear shoulder room: 60.5 in.
If you are in the market for a high-performance CUV , then the ST is meant for you. It stands out most with its impressive balance as a sporty, yet comfortable mid-size CUV that makes it unique in its category. Visit your local Ford dealer for a test drive today.