Luxury and style mark 2017 Lincoln Continental
By Jerry Robbin
The 2017 Lincoln Continental brings back this iconic nameplate to the Lincoln lineup. My test drive was the all-wheel version.
The Continental drives and handles like a luxury sedan, giving a feeling of tranquility and serenity. The car handles well at any speed and the brakes are excellent
There is plenty of performance from the Continental’s new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6, rated at 400 hp and 400 pound-feet of torque. The vehicle has mileage specifications of 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.
Highlighting the interior of the 2017 Continental is the new Perfect Position Seats, which are supportive and extremely comfortable. These seats can be adjusted in 30 different ways and modified based on an individual’s body shape and weight for optimal comfort.
The interior is spacious and has plenty of room for the entire family.
• Hands-free entry.
• Four one-touch power windows.
• Heated mirrors.
• Trip computer.
• External temperature display.
• Cruise control.
• Front and rear cupholders.
• Front and rear door pockets.
• Front and rear parking sensors.
• Front seatback storage.
• Overhead console w. storage.
• Electric power steering.
• Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
• Transmission, audio and cruise controls on steering wheel.
• Destination guidance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation.
• Destination Download.
• Mobile Internet browser.
• Keyless ignition.
• Rearview camera.
• Universal remote transmitter.
• Memory settings for 2 drivers.
• Climate control.
• Interior air filtration.
• Leather steering wheel.
• Turn signal in mirrors.
• Dual illuminating vanity mirrors.
• Ten total speakers.
• AM/FM/CD stereo.
• USB with external media control.
• Six months of satellite radio service.
The exterior of the Continental has an abundance of LED lighting, from the lower front body to the tail lamps. A luminous Lincoln “welcome mat” of light appears beneath the front doors and ample interior lights illuminate the cabin.
An integrated chrome electronic door-latch system effortlessly opens the doors. The doors use power-cinching technology to close and secure themselves.
A brand new Lincoln grille highlights the exterior along with unique sideview mirrors. The unique taillights and the dual exhausts give the rear of this car an individual appearance.
• Width: 75.3 in.
• Height: 58.5 in.
• Length: 201.4 in.
• Wheelbase: 117.9 in.
• Front head room: 39.3 in.
• Front leg room: 44.4 in.
• Front hip room: 55.9 in.
• Front shoulder room: 58.3 in.
• Rear head room: 37.7 in.
• Rear leg room: 41.3 in.
• Rear hip room: 54.8 in.
• Rear shoulder room: 55.9 in.
• Two front headrests.
• Two rear headrests.
• Auto delay-off headlamps.
• Dusk-sensing headlamps.
• Daytime running lights.
• Front and rear head airbags.
• Dual front side-mounted airbags.
• Child seat anchors.
• Turn signal mirrors.
• Post-collision safety system.
• Remote anti-theft alarm system.
• Tire pressure monitoring.
• Four-wheel ABS.
• Xenon high-intensity discharge headlamp.
• Rear center three-point belt system.
• Engine immobilizer.
• Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation.
• Stability control.
• Traction control.
• Rear door child safety locks.
• Emergency braking assist.