2016 Ford Edge Sport drives like a car
By Jerry Robbin
The interior of the 2016 Ford Edge has been completely redesigned and feels more spacious and luxurious than previous models.
Driving the 2016 Ford Edge was exhilaratiing and it handled just like a car. The vehicle performed superbly in the city and on the road. The Edge had almost no body roll when going around turns at any speed.
Under the hood
The turbocharged 2.7-liter V-6 engine ran smooth and had excellent power when required. It produces 315 hp and 350 ft. lb. of torque. The Edge’s six-speed automatic transmission had smooth shifts. The mileage was a decent 17 mpg City and 24 mpg Highway.
The interior of the Edge has been completely redesigned with the use of upscale materials. The interior feels more spacious and luxurious.
The seats were very comfortable and held you in place in any road condition. My test drive had the following safety options: blind-spot monitoring, cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control with lane-keeping assist, inflatable rear seat belts and a 180-degree, front-view camera.
Other interior features included:
* Eight-way power driver seat.
* Multi-level heating driver seat.
* Height-adjustable driver seat.
* Driver seat with power- adjustable lumbar support.
* Sport front seats.
* Premium leather/alcantara.
* Multi-level heating passenger seat.
* 8-way power passenger seat.
* Height-adjustable passenger seat.
* Passenger seat with power- adjustable lumbar support.
* Digital keypad power door locks.
* 2 one-touch power windows.
* Cruise control.
* Overhead console with storage.
* Front and rear cupholders.
* Electric power steering.
* Rear parking sensors.
* Transmission, cruise and audio controls on steering wheel.
* Destination guidance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation.
* Front and rear door pockets.
* Front seatback storage.
* Universal remote transmitter for garage door, security system, etc.
* Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
* Rear view camera.
* Destination guidance, destina-tion download and turn-by-turn navigation.
* Sony premium brand stereo system with 12 total speakers, subwoofer and 390 watts stereo output.
* AM-FM stereo.
* Auxiliary audio input and USB with external media control.
* Video monitor.
* Mast antenna.
* Radio data system.
* Memory card slot.
* Speed sensitive volume control.
* Front and rear air conditioning.
* Interior air filtration.
* Leather steering wheel.
* Electrochomatic inside rearview mirror.
* Turn signal in mirrors.
* Dual illuminating vanity mirrors.
* Memorized settings for two drivers.
* Dual-zone climate controls for driver and passenger.
* Width: 75.9 in.
* Height: 68.6 in.
* Length: 188.1 in.
* Wheelbase: 112.2 in.
* Front head room: 40.2 in.
* Front leg room: 42.6 in.
* Front hip room: 55.9 in.
* Front shoulder room: 60.3 in.
* Rear hip room: 57.5 in.
* Rear leg room: 40.6 in.
* Rear head room: 40.3 in.
* Rear shoulder room: 60.5 in.
* Four-wheel ABS.
* Dual front side-mounted airbags.
* Front and rear head airbags.
* Child seat anchors.
* Emergency braking assist.
* Rear door child safety locks.
* Engine immobilizer.
* Dusk-sensing headlamps.
* Remote anti-theft alarm system.
* Front and rear ventilated disc brakes.
* Daytime running lights.
* Auto delay off headlamps.
* Two front headrests.
* Three rear headrests.
* Rear height-adjustable headrests.
* Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation.
* Turn signal mirrors.
* Traction control.
* Stability control.
* Post-collision safety system.
* Airbag deployment notification.
* Tire pressure monitoring.
* Blind-spot information system with cross-traffic alert.
If you are in the market for a CUV that has the whole package, then go to your local Ford dealer and test drive the Edge.