2015 Fusion Continues To Be A Contender
By Jerry Robbin
The Fusion only has minor changes for the 2015 model year, but remains a unique vehicle with its eye-catching design.
The 2015 Fusion provides a very smooth ride and the electronic power steering gives you a real feel of the road. Driving the Fusion on the highway is exciting with its dynamic handling, and the vehicle has the ability to accelerate at any speed.
The turbocharged 2.0-liter four cylinder’s powerful performance is exhilarating, even when you are in the all-wheel drive mode. It can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds. It is rated at 231 hp.
The interior of the 2015 Fusion is stunning with its unique seats and dash. The use of high-quality finishes is evident throughout the cabin.
The front seats are confortable and supportive and hold you firmly in place during everyday or highway driving. The interior is spacious and there is plenty of room in the trunk with 16 cubic feet of space. Below is a list of the many amenities my test drive came equipped with:
* Multi-level heating passenger seat.
* 8-way power passenger seat.
* 8-way power driver seat.
* Passenger seat with power- adjustable lumbar support.
* Multi-level heating driver seat.
* Driver seat with power- adjustable lumbar support.
* Height-adjustable driver seat.
* Height-adjustable passenger seat.
* Sport front seats.
* Split-folding rear seatback.
* Folding center armrest.
* Rear ventilation ducts.
* Digital keypad power door locks.
* One-touch power windows.
* Trip computer.
* External temperature display.
* Cruise control.
* Front and rear cupholders.
* Front and rear door pockets.
* Overhead console with storage.
* Front seatback storage.
* Electric power steering.
* Rear parking sensors.
* Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
* Transmission, cruise and audio controls on steering wheel.
* Rear-view camera.
* Destination guidance (also Turn-by-Turn Navigation).
* Destination Download.
* Mast antenna.
* Sony premium brand speakers (12 speakers total).
* Video monitor.
* CD/AM/FM stereo.
* Satellite radio satellite radio
* Speed sensitive volume control.
* Auxiliary audio input and USB with external media control.
* Six months of provided satellite radio service.
* Memory card slot.
* Radio data system.
* USB connection.
* Voice directions only via subscription service navigation system.
* Bluetooth wireless data link for hands-free phone.
* Real-time traffic.
* Interior air filtration.
* Dual-zone climate controls – driver and passenger.
* Leather and simulated alloy steering wheel.
* Turn signal in mirrors.
* Electrochromatic inside rear-view mirror.
* Dual illuminating vanity mirrors.
* Remote anti-theft alarm system.
* Emergency braking assist.
* Ventilated front disc / solid rear disc brakes.
* Rear-door child safety locks.
* Daytime running lights.
* Engine immobilizer.
* Front fog/driving lights.
* Auto delay off headlamps.
* Dusk-sensing headlamps.
* Two front headrests.
* Three rear headrests.
* Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation .
* Rear center 3-point belt.
* Turn signal mirrors.
* Stability control.
* Traction control.
* Rear height-adjustable headrests.
* Post-collision safety system.
* Tire pressure monitoring.
* Airbag Deployment Notifica-tion.
* Rear Inflatable Seat Belts.
* Adaptive Cruise Control w/Collision Mitigation and Brake Support .
* Active Park Assist w/Forward Sensing System.
The 2015 Fusion is highlighted with a distinctive hexagon grille that resembles styling cues from the Aston Martin. Highlighting the unique rear end are the LED tail lamps. The side view of the Fusion details and highlights this mid-size sedan.
* Width: 72.9 in.
* Height: 58.2 in.
* Length: 191.8 in.
* Wheelbase: 112.2 in.
* Front head room: 39.2 in.
* Front hip room: 55 in.
* Front leg room: 44.3 in.
* Front shoulder room: 57.8 in.
* Rear hip room: 54.4 in.
* Rear head room: 37.8 in.
* Rear leg room: 38.3 in.
* Rear shoulder room: 56.9 in.
The 2015 Ford Fusion is one of the most attractive vehicles in the mid-size sedan segment and worth a test drive. Visit your local Ford dealer so you to can share in the excitement and see firsthand why the Fusion is a class leader in its segment.