2015 Ford Mustang excels in performance and looks
By Jerry Robbin
Ford has successfully reinvented the pony car after 50 years of production. The all-new independent rear suspension and interior are just a few of the highlights for the 2015 Mustang.
The 2015 Mustang looks fantastic. Even though you don’t see dramatic changes from the previous generation at first glance, a side-by-side comparison of the 2014 and 2015 models uncover significant differences between the two.
The 2015 Mustang has a long hood, sloping fastback and tri-bar taillights. It has an aggressive appearance with unique headlights and a windswept design.
The GT has the 435 hp, 5.0-liter V-8, which sounds mellow and has enough power to push you back in your seat. Driving the Mustang is exhilarating and fun with the six-speed automatic transmission.
The drivetrain is a powerhouse, which makes the GT a fun and fast vehicle to drive.
The brakes were capable of stopping effectively at any speed. Handling was superb and handling when taking sharp turns was a breeze.
The estimated mileage is 15 mph city and 25 mph highway for the manual transmission, and 16 city and 25 highway for the automatic transmission.
The interior of the 2015 Mustang is totally new and appealing with its easy-to-reach audio/climate controls, sturdy switches and very comfortable front seats. The two rear seats are a little tight for adults. The trunk has enough cargo space at 13.5 cubic feet. The rear seats fold flat to accommodate longer items.
Below is a list of creature features that were on my test drive.
* Multi-level heating passenger seat.
* 6 -way power passenger seat.
* 6 -way power driver seat.
* Multi-level heating driver seat.
* Driver seat with power-adjust-able lumbar support.
* Height-adjustable driver seat.
* Height-adjustable passenger seat
* Split-folding rear seatback.
* Hands-free entry.
* 2 one-touch power windows.
* Front cupholders.
* Front seatback storage.
* Electric power steering.
* Universal remote transmitter (for garage door, security system, etc.).
* Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
* Audio and cruise controls on steering wheel.
* Rear-view camera.
* Destination guidance (also Turn-by-Turn Navigation).
* Destination Download.
* Interior air filtration.
* Dual zone climate controls, driver and passenger.
* Leather steering wheel.
* Turn signal in mirrors.
* Electrochromatic inside rear-view mirror.
* Dual illuminating vanity mirrors.
* Nine total speakers.
* AM/FM stereo.
* Single-disc CD player.
* Six months of provided satellite radio service.
* Auxiliary audio input and USB with external media control.
* Memory card slot.
* USB connection.
* Bluetooth wireless data link for hands-free phone.
* Front head room, 37.6 in.
* Front hip room, 54.9 in.
* Front leg room, 44.5 in.
* Front shoulder room, 56.3 in.
* Rear hip room, 47.4 in.
* Rear head room, 34.8 in.
* Rear leg room, 30.6 in.
* Rear shoulder room, 52.2 in.
The wait for the 2015 Mustang was definitely worth it and now is the time to go to your local Ford dealer and take an awe-inspiring test drive.