2015 Lincoln MKC AWD escapes being derivative
The MKC handles very well and the steering is very responsive, being easy to maneuver at any speed. I took the MKC on the highway, and it has plenty of power and was exhilarating to drive.
Under the Hood
My MKC had the optional 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbo-charged four-cylinder, which produces 285 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque. One of the highlights of my test drive MKC was the Active grille shutter, which helps improve fuel economy.
This Eco Boost motor has plenty of power and helps propel the MKC to any speed.
The MKC is highlighted with push-button transmission, analog and digital gauges, and real wood trim.
The seats are comfortable and are supportive in any sharp turn. The MKC has plenty of interior room with excellent shoulder room and legroom.
The use of high-quality soft leathers throughout the vehicle makes the MKC a truly unique vehicle.
My test drive had a host of features like adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, collision alert, blind-spot monitoring, heated front and rear seats, SYNC, 14-speaker THX surround sound, driver alertness monitoring, a panoramic sunroof, parallel-parking assist, park-out assist and Approach Detection.
Below is a list of amenities my MKC came equipped with:
• Cruise control.
• Front cupholders.
• Overhead console with storage.
• Retained accessory power.
• Front seatback storage.
• Electric power steering.
• 12V rear and 12V cargo area power outlet(s).
• Rear parking sensors.
• Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
• Transmission, cruise and audio controls on steering wheel.
• Rear-view camera.
• Destination guidance (also Turn-by-Turn Navigation).
• Destination Download.
• Interior air filtration.
• Dual zone climate controls, driver and passenger.
• Cargo area light.
• Alloy trim on center console.
• Alloy trim on dash.
• Alloy trim on doors.
• Front reading lights.
• Leather steering wheel.
• Rear floor mats.
• Electrochromatic inside rear-view mirror.
• Dual illuminating vanity mirrors.
• Mast antenna.
• 10-14 total speakers.
• Video monitor.
• AM/FM stereo.
• Satellite radio satellite radio .
• Auxiliary audio input and USB with external media control.
• 1 subwoofer(s).
• Memory card slot.
• USB connection.
• Pre-wired for phone.
• Bluetooth wireless data link for hands-free phone.
The MKC has the new Lincoln DNA design, which is highlighted with the split-wing front grill. The rear of the MKC has the Lincoln clamshell lift gate that incorporates the taillights. The MKC definitely is not the clone to the Ford Escape.
• 4-wheel ABS.
• Front and rear head airbags.
• Dual front side-mounted airbags
• Child seat anchors.
• Remote anti-theft alarm system.
• Emergency braking assist.
• Ventilated front disc/solid rear disc brakes.
• Rear door child safety locks.
• Auto delay off headlamps.
• Dusk sensing headlamps.
• Xenon high intensity discharge headlamp.
• Two front headrests.
• Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation.
• Rear center 3-point belt.
• Front seatbelt pretensioners.
• Stability control.
• Traction control.
• Electronic brakeforce distribution.
• Post-collision safety system.
• Tire pressure monitoring.
• Airbag deployment notification.
Exterior and Interior Options
• Panoramic vista roof.
• Class II trailer tow package.
• 19-inch premium painted aluminum 5-spoke luster nickel wheels.
• 20-inch polished aluminum wheels w/dark stainless painted pockets (late availability).
• Enhanced THX II audio sound system.
• Premium reversible cargo mat.
The MKC is worth a test drive at your local Ford/Lincoln dealer if you are in the market for a luxury CUV.