2014 Mustang Ponies Up The Ante
By Jerry Robbin
The 2014 Ford Mustang is a blend of retro and contemporary styling cues that harmonizes the two eras. It has a late 1960’s interior with modern features.
The Mustang GT is a true muscle car with superb and exhilarating driving dynamics. When you hit the accelerator, the adrenaline rush is just unbelievable, with all the power instantaneously transferring to the wheels.
Steering is responsive and the brakes are firm to stop in any situation. Expect fuel economy in combined city and highway driving to average about 20 mpg.
The 2014 Ford Mustang GT interior was very comfortable, highlighted with soft leather upholstery and side bolsters, heated power seat, tilt steering wheel and a host of other creature features to make any driving a pure pleasure.
The back seat was large enough to put a couple fairly large guys back there for a test drive.
The materials used throughout this Mustang GT were of high quality and make this retro vehicle stand out from its competitors. The trunk holds 9.6-cu. ft. and can hold a fair amount of groceries or luggage.
My test drive had the Electronics Package, which includes a touch screen and voice-controlled navigation system with SiriusXM real-time traffic information, HD radio, a 6-month subscription to Travel Link and dual-zone automatic climate control.
• 6 -way power driver seat.
• Driver seat with power adjustable lumbar support.
• Height adjustable driver seat.
• Bucket front seats.
• Remote power door locks.
• Power mirrors.
• 2 one-touch power windows.
• Trip computer.
• External temperature display.
• Low fuel level warning.
• Cruise control.
• Front console with storage.
• Front cupholders.
• Front door pockets.
• Remote trunk release.
• Retained accessory power.
• Front seatback storage.
• Electric speed-proportional power steering.
• Universal remote transmitter for garage door, security system, etc.
• 12V front power outlet
• Tilt-adjustable steering wheel.
• Audio and cruise controls on steering wheel
• Destination guidance (also Turn-by-Turn Navigation).
• Destination Download.
• Air conditioning.
• Alloy trim on dash.
• Leather trim on doors.
• Alloy trim on shift knob.
• Leather and alloy steering wheel.
• Front floor mats.
• Electrochromatic inside rear-view mirror.
• Dual illuminating vanity mirrors.
• Mast antenna.
• 8 total speakers.
• 370 watts stereo output.
• AM/FM in-dash single CD player with CD MP3 Playback stereo
• Sirius XM satellite radio.
• Auxiliary audio input and iPod/iPhone integration.
• 6 months of provided satellite radio service.
• Radio data system.
• USB connection.
• Voice directions only via subscription service navigation system.
• Pre-wired for phone.
• Bluetooth wireless data link for hands-free phone.
The 2014 Mustang GT has some updates including placing the grille farther forward, body-colored rocker panels and horizontal LED daytime running lamps.
• 4-wheel ABS.
• Dual front with head protection chambers side-mounted airbags.
• Child seat anchors.
• Front and rear ventilated disc brakes.
• Engine immobilizer.
• Front fog/driving lights.
• Auto delay off headlamps.
• Dusk sensing headlamps.
• Xenon high intensity discharge headlamp.
• 2 front headrests.
• 2 rear headrests.
• Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation.
• Front seatbelt pretensioners.
• Stability control.
• Traction control.
• Electronic brakeforce distribution.
• Emergency interior trunk release.
• Front multi-adjustable headrests.
• Rear folding headrests.
• Post-collision safety system.
• Tire pressure monitoring.
If you are in the market for a pony car, you should stop by your Ford Dealer for a test drive of the 2014 Mustang.