Return of the Real Wagon
The 2014 Transit Connect is a versatile wagon that is worth stopping by your Ford dealer for a test drive. It features exceptional 22 mpg city/ 29 mpg hwy. gas mileage.
The Transit Connect Wagon has been completely restyled inside and outside. A new longer wheelbase has been added, making the wagon available as a five-passenger with the short-wheel base and my test vehicle, the seven- passenger Titanium with the longer wheelbase.
My test drive had the 1.6-liter turbo drivetrain, which provided excellent acceleration. The 1.6 is capable of handling any city or highway driving. The ride and handling were very good for a wagon and it was a great vehicle for errands and car pooling. The Transit Connect has a 2,000 lb. towing capacity.
Under the Hood
The 1.6-liter EcoBoost was very quick for daily driving and capable of going from 0-60 in 8.8 seconds. The EcoBoost delivers 178 hp and 184 lb.-ft. – more torque than the 2.5. The mileage was exceptional at 22 mpg city/29 mpg hwy.
The vehicle earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the government’s highest possible overall rating.
The interior is highlighted with quality plastics, plenty of cup holders and storage. It has a high roof, looks great and has built-in storage above the first row of seats. Highlighting the Transit Connect was a large moon roof, power sliding doors and tailgate. My test drive was the loaded Wagon Titanium that had leather and heated front seats, a power driver seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual-zone automatic front climate control, separate manual rear climate controls, SYNC voice-command, rearview camera, MyFord Touch, navigation, 17-inch alloy wheels and MyKey with programmable usage restrictions. It can accommodate about 130 cu. ft. of cargo.
The new Transit Connect Wagon has some of the current Ford design cues, including the grille. The vehicle has a fun look and is highlighted with fog lights that are set in the bumper. The new rear blade taillights highlight the new 2014 design. Large sliding doors open wide for passenger entry and exit.
* 6-way power driver seat.
* Driver seat with manual- adjustable lumbar support.
* Passenger seat with power adjustable lumbar support.
* Height-adjustable driver seat.
* Cloth seats.
* Bucket front seats.
* Split-folding rear seatback.
* One-piece folding third-row seats.
* Remote power door locks.
* Power mirrors.
* Heated mirrors.
* Two one-touch power windows.
Convenience and Comfort
* Cruise control.
* Front, rear and third-row cupholders.
* Front console with storage.
* Front seatback storage.
* Front and rear door pockets.
* Overhead console with storage.
* Retained accessory power.
* Electric power steering.
* 12V front, rear and cargo area power outlets.
* Tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
* Cruise control on steering wheel.
* Rear-view camera.
* Destination guidance and Turn-By-Turn Guidance.
* Destination Download.
* Dual zone air conditioning.
* Cargo area light.
* Front reading lights.
* Leather and simulated alloy steering wheel.
* Dual vanity mirrors.
* AM-FM in-dash single CD player stereo with four total speakers.
* Auxiliary MP3 audio input.
* Pre-wired for phone.
* Width: 72.2 inches.
* Height: 72.8 inches.
* Length: 189.7 inches.
* Front track: 61.7 inches.
* Rear track: 62.4 inches.
* Wheel base: 120.6 inches.
* Front head room: 46.9 inches.
* Front hip room: 54.6 inches.
* Front leg room: 40.3 inches.
* Front shoulder room: 57.7 inches.
* Rear hip room: 58.5 inches.
* Rear head room: 45.1 inches.
* Rear leg room: 37.6 inches.
* Rear shoulder room: 58.5 inches.
Weights and Capacities
* EPA cargo volume, all seats up:140.6 cu.ft.
* Cargo capacity, all seats in place: 32.2 cu.ft.
Max. cargo capacity: 68.9 cu.ft.